Today I’m taking my own advice and looking around me for 5 things that inspire.
1. This guy, who I can’t believe will be 2 years old in a few days.
2. The view outside my window. Our house overlooks the Columbia River and I love how the water is constantly changing. The view is the same, but different, everyday. Our area is also great for hawk and eagle viewing and this time of year, a pair of bald eagles hangs out at the creek mouth below us. So amazing to see.
3. A well-designed space. Good interior design makes such a difference in how we approach our lives. I’m a big fan of Genevieve Gorder because she always emphasizes how a space should make us feel. (P.S. I love, love, LOVE Pantone’s color of the year for 2014 – Radiant Orchid. Check out how Genevieve uses it here.)
4. Books. I remember my dad telling me “you can learn anything in the world from a book“. I love having shelves full of them. Seeing all that combined commitment and creativity is inspiring to me.
5. A good blog. I read a lot of blogs. Seriously, a LOT. And the topics run the gamut, but when I run down the list, I realize I am drawn to a certain combination – women, writers, with kids, working from home. These ladies inspire me to keep trying new things.
How about you? What 5 things inspire you?